Hundseth Power Line Construction is a family owned business, operating their home office from Saskatoon SK and regional offices in Regina and Humboldt. We are proud of our safety record, especially the additional safety procedures and protocols that were implemented since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Management team and crew members took exceptional steps to keep our operations going and continuous efforts to identify and implement additional safety procedures to keep our employees and community safe.
Hundseth is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We’re looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities, and wish to work for a fair employer, Hundseth is the place for you!
We are currently seeking a Safety Coordinator for our Saskatoon operations. This position will be based out of Saskatoon, SK however travel may be required as services extend throughout the province.
Job Summary – The safety coordinator is responsible for promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors. The safety coordinator will provide safety expertise and support by identifying health and safety risks and implementing controls to eliminate or mitigate these risks. This position will develop, recommend, facilitate, oversee, and implement safety policies, procedures, practices and training to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
- Implement safety practices, policies and plans of the company.
- Provide necessary training, leadership, organization and control to meet the company’s goal of zero accidents.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all safety programs.
- Identify company safety issues and create appropriate solutions.
- Ensure timely reporting and completion of accident/injury reporting.
- Conduct accident investigations as necessary to determine proper causation and resolution.
- Participate in setting annual health and safety goals.
- Attend and conduct health and safety presentations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace safety regulations.
- Perform health and safety audits on all company practices and facilities.
- Provide technical health and safety informational support for employees and management.
- Effectively communicate with government agencies, medical representatives and insurance representatives regarding safety issues and dialogues.
- Facilitate and/or participate in safety meetings.
- Participate in analyzing, designing and developing efficient and effective learning and performance methods.
- Provide individual or group instruction on company training programs.
- Participate in emergency response tests and serve as a resource during reviews of emergency response.
- Research and identify ongoing improvements in learning and performance training standards.
- Provide administrative functions as required for the position.
- Provide advice and counsel during the purchase of new equipment.
- A Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Valid Class 5 drivers license and fairly clean driving abstract
- Three to five years of experience in a safety Coordinator position
- Preference for previous power line experience (3 – 5 years)
- Strong communication (verbal and written), coordination, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem definition, problem solving and organizational skills.
- The ability to write company policies and procedures.
- The ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others.
- The ability to interact in a constructive positive manner with people from both within and outside the company.
- Demonstrate a commitment to further safety knowledge
- Proficient in computer related skills (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume on our website (hundseth.ca).
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.