Hundseth Powerline Construction (HPL) is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We are looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities and wish to work for a fair employer, HPL is the place for you! We offer health, dental, and life benefits, along with an RSP program.
We are currently seeking for a Project Manager (Construction) for our operations. This position will be based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. However, travel may be required as service extends.
Project Manager (Construction)
The Project Manager (PM) (Construction) is a key leadership role with high amount of cross functional interactions with the powerline construction and telecom teams. The PM is accountable for providing project management expertise and leadership towards ensuring that our projects are delivered on time, within scope and on budget.
Role incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of project management, including but not limited to; attending start-up meetings as needed, providing input to the tender preparation, ensuring all aspects of the tender are correct prior to submission, gathering and reporting project financials, invoicing, estimates, construction schedules, project executions and close outs. The PM will work with internal and external personnel to ensure project construction is reported and executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design, ensuring safety, feasibility, and costing of projects.
- Introduce and integrate relevant project management principles, methodologies, and processes into existing and new company projects and workflows.
- Understand, communicate, and implement different contract and sub-contract documents in alignment with project management best practices.
- Review contract documents to obtain a clear understanding of deliverables and identify project management measurement of success for projects.
- Manage all aspects of the project from start-up to progress reports and final performance analysis (present the project debrief) in conjunction with construction manager.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Gather information for the management of the project schedule and milestone dates and ensure that close-out checklists, change orders, invoices are prepared and maintained during the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for the management of multiple projects consecutively as needed.
- Apply construction expertise to ensure proper project planning, scheduling, staffing, cost control, and project management.
- Manage the review and communicate objectives for critical milestones, budget, schedule, and client satisfaction measurements to project team members.
- Monitor, control and report on progress, costs, budgets, and changes needed to keep project on track throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners to consistently develop and evolve associated processes.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution of issues and risks.
- Manage, RFI’s, invoices and document control process.
- Observe that ‘Work Safe’ practices are being followed during site visits and support a strong safety culture within the company.
- Handle all change orders, including negotiating, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impacts, and preparation of claims.
- Perform other related and assigned duties as required.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is required.
- Knowledge of the powerline construction industry would be an asset.
- 3 to 5 years construction project management experience.
- Proficiency in estimate preparation, forecasting, pricing, risk/claim management, contract management, profit and loss responsibility, scheduling, and quality management.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite, scheduling, and project management software.
- Superior leadership and project management abilities with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing internal and external customers/clients.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
- Strong communication (verbal & written), leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage competing priorities and timelines.
- Understands fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Other industry related certifications are considered assets.
Additional Work requirements
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and fairly clean drivers abstract.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Travel to construction site locations will be required, 10% of the time based on project need.
- Overnight(s) stay may be required for more remote project locations.
- Most work is completed within a typical office space in Saskatoon
If you are seeking a change, please submit your resume and cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements on our website (www.hundseth.ca ).
*****NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE******
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.