Hundseth Power Line Construction is a family owned business, operating their home office from Saskatoon SK and regional offices in Regina and Humboldt. We are proud of our safety record, especially the additional safety procedures and protocols that were implemented since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Management team and crew members took exceptional steps to keep our operations going and continuous efforts to identify and implement additional safety procedures to keep our employees and community safe.
Hundseth is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We’re looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities, and wish to work for a fair employer, Hundseth is the place for you!
We are currently seeking a Hydrovac Operator for our Regina, SK operations. This position will be based out of Regina, SK however travel may be required as services extend throughout the province.
Work is physically demanding. We offer competitive compensation, provide health, dental and vision benefits, life and disability insurance, along with a group RSP, and an employee family assistance program.
As a Hydrovac Operator, you will be responsible for the successful completion of hydrovac excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching and digging, and excavation of sensitive underground piping and cables. You will also provide job site labour in order to accomplish project milestones in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Operate equipment safely
- Keep equipment and vehicles clean and in safe/working order
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, slot trenching, and soft digging
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for hydrovac operation
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and specialized safety equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- Must possess valid Class 1 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement
- 1 – 3 years previous Hydrovac experience needed
- Able to lift heavy loads (50+ lbs.) and able to work in a variety of outdoor conditions
- Ability to think and react to changing conditions quickly and maintain a professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be comfortable working around energized utilities
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Strong attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume.
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.