Hundseth Powerline Construction (HPL) is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We are looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities and wish to work for a fair employer, HPL is the place for you! We offer health, dental, and life benefits, along with an RSP program. We are currently seeking for a Health Safety Environment and Training (HSET) Coordinator for our operations. This position will be based out of Saskatchewan with option for a hybrid or remote work. However, travel may be required as service extends.
The Health, Safety, Environment & Training Coordinator is responsible for assisting with promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors, and visitors. The role incumbent shall also assist with document control and review of all Health, Safety, Environment & Training Policies, Practices and Procedures as well as injury prevention and wellness programs; Assisting with document and training record compliance and completing other Health, Safety & Environment duties as required.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist in ensuring employee compliance with processes targeted at implementing the province of Saskatchewan’s Mission: Zero Aimed at ensuring employers in the province achieve zero workplace injuries, fatalities and suffering by families.
- Administrative and Coordinating Duties that include but are not limited to:
- Data entry and tracking
- Coordinate training and meetings
- Track training records
- Track documentation for compliance
- Track and Trend Incidents
- Prepare statistic reports
- Assist with document review
- Assist with project documentation requests
- Assist with meeting preparation
- Assist with Workers Compensation Claims and Return to Work Plans
- Assist with bid documents
- Assist with Customer Contractor Management Programs
- Maintain approved Subcontractors
- Participate in setting annual health and safety goals
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of two (2) years of related Occupational Health, Safety and Training experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of related to COR Standards.
- Experience in the administration of training courses/programs.
- Knowledge of relevant Occupational Health & Safety Acts and Regulations
- Experience with the Certificate of Recognition Standard
- Experience with managed safety system requirements
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong computer skills including MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Internet Explorer
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability work with employees at all levels
- Ability to work with direction and guidance from multiple sources.
- Knowledge in ISNetworld, Avetta, Comply Works an asset
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Completed or working towards a safety certification/ designation ex. NCSO
- Completed or working towards a COR auditor certificate.
- Office environment. Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to computer keyboard and screens
- Required to deal with frequent interruptions, multiple deliverables, and tight deadlines.
- Occasional travel within Western Canada
Additional Work requirement
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and fairly clean drivers abstract.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your resume and cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements.
*****NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE******
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.