Hundseth Power Line Construction is a family-owned business, operating their home office from Saskatoon SK and regional offices in Regina and Humboldt. We are proud of our safety record, especially the additional safety procedures and protocols that were implemented since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Management team and crew members took exceptional steps to keep our operations going and continuous efforts to identify and implement additional safety procedures to keep our employees and community safe.
Hundseth is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We’re looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities, and wish to work for a fair employer, Hundseth is the place for you!
We are currently seeking an Equipment Operator/Labourer for our Regina, SK, Operations. This position will be primarily based out of Regina; however travel may be required as services extend throughout the province.
Job Summary – This role is responsible to maintain and operate construction related equipment (and/or supervise the operation of equipment) in an efficient, safe and appropriate manner in order to minimize risk of injury, property damage or loss of life while supporting all activities required to complete various contracts. This role also entails various physical labour responsibilities such as shoveling dirt, moving wire by hand (pushing and pulling) and other construction labour duties. Equipment may include trucks of various sizes, backhoe, track hoe, trencher, bobcat, plough CAT operations, front-ender loader, digger derricks, forklift, directional bore, HydroVac, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid Class 5 AND 3A driver’s license is required (clear driving abstract).
- A valid 1A license would be an asset
- Previous experience operating the following: backhoe, track hoe, trencher, bobcat, front-ender loader, digger derricks, forklift, directional bore, HydroVac, etc.
- One or more years of experience in construction.
- Experience operating equipment around live above ground and underground power lines.
- Ability to complete various physical labour tasks.
- Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment.
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs. and work in a physically demanding environment
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access medical evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume on our website.
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.