Hundseth Power Line Construction is a family-owned business, operating their home office from Saskatoon SK and regional offices in Regina and Humboldt. We are proud of our safety record, especially the additional safety procedures and protocols that were implemented since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Management team and crew members took exceptional steps to keep our operations going and continuous efforts to identify and implement additional safety procedures to keep our employees and community safe.
Hundseth is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We’re looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities, and wish to work for a fair employer, Hundseth is the place for you!
We are currently seeking a Construction Project Manager for our Saskatchewan operations. This position will be based out of Saskatoon, SK however travel may be required as services extend throughout the province.
You play a crucial role in ensuring our projects are delivered on time, within scope and on budget. This is a key leadership role that works collaboratively with our power line construction and telecom teams at all levels.
The Construction Project Manager (CPM) will be responsible for all aspects of project management, including startup, permit management, involved in tender preparation, budgets, estimates and construction schedules. The CPM will work with internal team and external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design and will work closely with the organization to ensure safety, feasibility, and costing of projects. The CPM will lead various crews on projects simultaneously, with an expectation that approximately 80% of your time will be traveling to and being on various worksites.
- Provide information into the tender process; specifically, construction methodology estimates, schedules and the crew compliment including equipment needed to complete the work in a safe & efficient manner
- Upon successful procurement of the work, will be responsible for all aspects of managing the project from startup to progress reports and final performance analysis (present the project debrief)
- Supervise and coordinate constructions crews for projects and subprojects to ensure timely completion and adherence to company standards and procedures
- Responsible for the management and execution of multiple projects consecutively
- Ensure the training and development of staff is up to date
- Review project scope, schedule and financial reporting to mitigate overall negative impact to the company; provide regular status updates including identifying necessary changes needed to keep the project on track to the original completion projections
- Maintaining strong relationships with cross-functional partners to consistently develop and evolve associated processes.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution of issues and risks
- Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFI’s, invoices and document control process
- Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits and support a strong safety culture within the company
- Verify the accuracy of change orders and ensures change orders are approved by client
- Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner
- Finalize all sub-trade contractual issues
- Manage internal or external contractors or trades
- Maintain rapport with clients
- Perform other related and assigned duties as required
- Meeting KPI’s
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage in a changing environment
- Effective leadership and project management ability
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- 15 or more years of Power Line Industry Construction experience, or 10 years as a Powerline Technician Journeyperson
- 3 to 5 years of direct work experience in construction project management would be an asset
- Ability to read prints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment with knowledge of OH&S regulations and related construction codes
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage competing priorities and timelines
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and management team both verbally and in writing
- Effectively communicate and manage relationships with customers and clients
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Possess a valid driver’s license and fairly clean drivers abstract
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- First Aid skills and/or industry related certificates are considered assets
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required; 80% of time will be onsite of construction sites and 20% of time will be completing administrative duties
- Overnight(s) stay may be required for more remote project locations
- Company supplied and personal PPE is a requirement of the position.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Will be exposed to construction sites
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume on our website (www.hundseth.ca).
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.