Hundseth Power Line Construction is a family owned business, operating their home office from Saskatoon SK and regional offices in Regina and Humboldt. We are proud of our safety record, especially the additional safety procedures and protocols that were implemented since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Management team and crew members took exceptional steps to keep our operations going and continuous efforts to identify and implement additional safety procedures to keep our employees and community safe.
Hundseth is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We’re looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan. If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities, and wish to work for a fair employer, Hundseth is the place for you!
We are currently seeking Apprentice Power Line Technician for our Regina operations. This position will be based out of Regina; however, travel is required as services extend throughout the province.
Work is physically demanding. We offer competitive compensation, provide health, dental and vision benefits, life and disability insurance, along with a group RSP, and an employee family assistance program.
Please visit https://saskapprenticeship.ca/quick-links/designated-trades/powerline-technician/ link to learn more about this trade position!
- These positions perform a variety of assignments involved in all aspects of the installation, construction, troubleshooting, repairing, specialized testing, and maintenance of all overhead and underground distribution, transmission lines, switching stations, substations, communication networks, streetlight facilities, and infrastructure
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment including; back hoe, trencher, skid steer, hydroVAC, directional bore machine, digger derrick trucks, all-terrain track machine, crawler dozers, bobcats, forklift and track hoe
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to foreman.
- Must have a valid Apprentice Power Line Technician Trade card from the SK Apprentice Board (year 1 through 4)
- A valid Class 5 license (clear driving abstract) is required with a 1A preferred.
- Previous experience operating the following: Back Hoe, Trencher, Skid Steer, HydroVAC and Track Hoe would be considered an asset.
- One or more years of experience in construction
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends as required
- Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening.
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume on our website (hundseth.ca).