Hundseth Power Line Construction is a family-owned business, operating their home office from Saskatoon SK and regional offices in Regina and Humboldt. We are proud of our safety record, especially the additional safety procedures and protocols that were implemented since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Management team and crew members took exceptional steps to keep our operations going and continuous efforts to identify and implement additional safety procedures to keep our employees and community safe.
Hundseth is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We’re looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities, and wish to work for a fair employer, Hundseth is the place for you!
We are currently seeking an 1A Driver/Equipment Operator for our and Saskatoon operations. This position will be based out of Saskatoon, SK however travel may be required as services extend throughout the province as well as Western Canada.
Job Description: This role will be responsible for preparing, organizing, loading, and delivering necessary equipment and materials across Saskatchewan and sometimes within Western Canada. This must be done in an urgent, efficient, safe, and appropriate manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life while completing required tasks. Equipment operated and moved may include trucks of various sizes, backhoe, track hoe, trencher, bobcat, plough CAT operations, front-ender loader, digger derricks, forklift, directional bore, etc. These deliveries must be made in a timely manner to ensure timelines are met on projects. This role will also entail some cleaning and organizing around the shop and yard when required. Overnight travel may be required for the position on occasion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid 1A drivers license and a fairly clean drivers abstract is required.
- Previous experience operating the following: backhoe, track hoe, trencher, bobcat, front-ender loader, digger derricks, forklift, directional bore, hydrovac, etc.
- One or more years of experience in construction.
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends as required.
- Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment.
- Familiar with chaining down equipment on decks.
- Ability to read maps is required.
- Fill our paper documentation properly and efficiently.
- Being a quick thinker and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must be a highly motivated individual.
- Strong situational awareness especially when operating trucks and heavy-duty equipment.
- Ability to lift approximately 40 lbs. and work in a physically demanding environment.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-access medical evaluation that includes a hearing and drug and alcohol screening.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements and resume on our website.
***No phone calls please***
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.