Hundseth Powerline Construction (HPL) is an established, growing company that works in ALL SEASONS. We are looking for individuals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to help us continue to provide industry leading service to our large host of clients across the Province of Saskatchewan.
If you take pride in the job you do, are looking for growth opportunities and wish to work for a fair employer, HPL is the place for you! We offer health, dental, and life benefits, along with an RSP program. We are currently seeking for a Health Safety Environment and Training (HSET) Advisor for our operations. This position will be based out of Regina, Saskatchewan. However, travel may be required as service extends.
The Health, Safety, Environment & Training Advisor is responsible for modeling and promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors, and visitors. Role incumbent would monitor compliance on all jobsites and offices, eliminating incidents by ensuring that all proper procedures and policies are being followed. Ensuring employees are following policies, procedures, and practices, and completing other Health, Safety & Environment duties as required are part of the responsibilities for this role.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Initiate and ensure employee compliance with processes targeted at implementing the province of Saskatchewan’s Mission: Zero initiative; Aimed at ensuring employers in the province achieve zero workplace injuries, fatalities and suffering by families.
- Investigate Incidents thoroughly identifying root cause and appropriate corrective action items
- Review Incident, Near Misses and Good Catches
- Trend submitted reports prior to crew visits
- Attend Hazard Aspect and Risk Assessment Meetings
- Attend Project start up meetings.
- Conduct frequent on-site crew and subcontractor inspections
- Enforce the Occupational Health and Safety Acts and Regulations.
- Research questions and concerns for employees regarding Health, Safety, Environment and Training as well as best practices and approved work methods.
- Assist with Safety Meetings.
- Assist with other HSET duties as required.
- Perform health and safety audits on all company practices and facilities.
- Participate in emergency response tests and serve as a resource during reviews of emergency response.
- Provide administrative functions as required for the position.
- Participate in setting annual health and safety goals
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of two (2) years of related Occupational Health, Safety and Training experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience related to COR Standards.
- Powerline Technician experience an asset. (Red Seal Powerline Technician Certificate preferred.)
- Heavy Construction experience an Asset.
- Knowledge of relevant Occupational Health & Safety Acts and Regulations
- Experience with the Certificate of Recognition Standard
- Experience with managed safety system requirements
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong computer skills including MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Internet Explorer
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability work with employees at all levels
- Ability to work with direction and guidance from multiple sources.
- Ability to instruct and mentor others, using strong facilitation skills and a good understanding of adult learning principles.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Completed or working towards a safety certification/ designation ex. NCSO
- Completed or working towards a COR auditor certificate.
- Field and Office work as required.
- Combination of indoor and outdoor work under various weather conditions.
- Overnight and extended travel as required.
- Occasional extended working hours including evenings and weekend work.
- In accordance with current COVID emergency Regulations, all new hirers will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated or provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test at least every seven days.
Additional Work requirement
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and fairly clean drivers abstract.
If you are seeking a change, please submit your resume and cover letter indicating how your experience meets the job requirements.
*****NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE******
All Applicants are thanked for their interest. Only potential candidates will be contacted.